If you’re looking for a new, easy weeknight dinner this Salmon Rice Bowl with Spicy Cashew Sauce will be a favorite! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and comes together in less than 15 minutes. The salmon is cubed and cooked in the air fryer for an even quicker way to make this meal.
I’m always looking for ways to switch up dinner during the week while still keeping it simple and delicious. I usually end up making some sort of bowl meal and that’s how I was inspired to make this Salmon Bowl. The spicy cashew sauce is a MUST and you will love putting it on salads, sandwiches and bowls all week long. This bowl is also great for meal prep as you can prepare the sauce ahead of time as well as the brown rice. The salmon takes just 10 minutes in the air fryer! If you don’t have an air fryer, now is the time to get one!
Looking for an air fryer to add to your kitchen? Check this one out!
What you need for Salmon Rice Bowl:
- Brown Rice
- Green Onion
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Olive oil spray
What you need for Spicy Cashew Sauce:
- Raw Cashews
- Garlic Cloves
- Lime zest
- Rice Vinegar
- Coconut Aminos
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
How to make Salmon Rice Bowl with Spicy Cashew Sauce:
- Start by preparing your spicy cashew sauce. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cube it into about an inch size pieces.
- In a small bowl season with olive oil spray, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Place in the air fryer at 390 for 10 minutes. Flipping half way through.
- Prepare bowl with arugula, brown rice, carrots, edamame, cucumber, cilantro and green onion.
- Top with salmon.
- Drizzle with spicy cashew sauce.
How to store your leftover salmon bowl ingredients:
I like to store all the ingredients in separate bowls if I plan to meal prep them. The salmon is best to make on the day you want to enjoy it! I like using these for easy fridge storage. These Porter Bowls are also great for storing sauces.
If you want to switch up this salmon bowl, try these options:
- Try using jasmine rice! Or if you don’t want rice, us a cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Use a store bought sauce that you like instead of making the spicy cashew sauce.
- Sear the salmon instead of cooking it in the air fryer.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Can I meal prep any of these ingredients?
I would recommend preparing the sauce ahead of time to save some time before making this meal. The rice can also be prepared ahead of time too. Everything else I would recommend preparing at meal time.
How long does the spicy cashew sauce last for?
The spicy cashew sauce will last in the fridge for up to 4-5 days! It’s great to use on bowls, wraps, salads, breakfast tacos! The options are endless.
Do I have to use the air fryer for the salmon?
I’ve only made this particular cubed salmon in the air fryer, but you can also sear the salmon or bake it if you’d rather do it that way! If you don’t want to have salmon, I would recommend shrimp or chicken with this meal.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 1 salmon portion
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 7 thin sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- olive oil spray
- for the spicy cashew sauce:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lime, zest
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash of ginger
- dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp water (+more for desired consistency)
- Remove skin from the salmon and cube into inch pieces.
- Add to a bowl and season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Place in the air fryer at 390 for 10 minutes. Flipping half way.
- Prepare brown rice according to package.
- Add all ingredients for the spicy cashew sauce into a blender. Blend and set aside. Add water for desired consistency.
- In a bowl, add arugula, brown rice, carrots, edamame, slivered almonds and cucumber. Top with air fried salmon, fresh cilantro and green onion. Drizzle with spicy cashew sauce.
I used frozen brown rice from Trader Joes!
Tip: ask the butcher to remove the skin and cube your salmon!
Spicy cashew sauce will make enough to have for meals all week!
until next time...