What’s better than a one pot meal!? Maybe one that is broccoli and cheese pasta style! I think you’re going to love this simple dish that not only is SO easy to make but so tasty! It’s made with all simple ingredients and great to throw together for an easy weeknight meal. While I know I love this one, I can bet the whole family will love this one! If you’ve made my creamy one pot pasta it’s the same as that but with Broccoli & Cheese spin!
What you need to make One Pot Broccoli & Cheese Pasta:
- 1 8oz box of pasta (I used a chickpea pasta here!)
- 1 small head of broccoli
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Greek Yogurt (I used a 2%)
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
How do you cut the broccoli for pasta?
The broccoli can be thrown in the food processor to shred a bit before tossing in the pasta! The bigger chunks of broccoli will be chewier if you leave it that way–which is fine if you like it that way!
Can I use another green veggie besides broccoli?
Yes! Peas? Brussels sprouts? You can totally switch this around with veggies that you prefer.
How to make One Pot Broccoli & Cheese Pasta:
- Start by cooking your pasta according to the package.
- Drain and reserve at least 1/2 cup of pasta water to use.
- Shred the broccoli in the food processor.
- In pan that you cooked pasta in, add 1/4 cup pasta water, shredded broccoli and pasta shells on medium to low heat.
- Add in greek yogurt, shredded cheese, spices. Begin to stir to mix throughly. Add in remaining pasta water as you stir to get creamy.
- Remove from the heat to make sure the pasta shells don’t stick. Continue to stir. Adjust seasonings if needed.
Ways to pair this pasta:
- Any flavor of chicken sausage!
- Grilled chicken
- Add a veggie burger
- I suggest using the 2% greek yogurt (I used Fage here!) to make it extra creamy
- You can substitute this for other cheese or different veggies like I did in the Creamy One Pot Pasta
- Pay attention to the heat on the stove as if it is too hot the noodles will stick to the pan!
- Store in the fridge and reheat by adding back to the stove or heating in the microwave
- You can use any pasta shell here that you prefer! Just remember to continue to stir so they don’t stick!
If you like this pasta, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 1 boz 8oz pasta (I used Banza chickpea pasta)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%)
- 1 small head broccoli, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water, use leftover pasta water
- 1 tsp garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt & pepper (adjust to taste)
- Prepare pasta according to package.
- When pasta finishes cooking, drain and reserve a 1/2 cup of pasta water behind.
- Let pasta sit aside in seperate bowl.
- Bring bowl back to medium low heat and add 1/4 water, shredded broccoli and pasta shells.
- Add in shredded sharp cheddar cheese, greek yogurt and spices. Turn heat down low and continue to stir. This is important so the pasta doesnt stick to the pan or break! Continue to add remaining water until pasta gets creamy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
until next time...