I used to make a version of this with my mom all the time when I lived at home. It was a go to of ours for something easy to keep in the fridge that the whole fam could snack on or pull out for a little something sweet when we wanted it. I had forgotten how much I loved it and somehow the other day when I was thinking about what I wanted to make for the week, this came to mind!
You can totally switch it around based off the fruit that you want to use too. I also love to add in banana or apple if it’ll be consumed that day (or else it’ll brown).
This is a perfect dish to prep ahead of time and store in the fridge for the week. I also imagine it would be perfect if you had a brunch and needed to take something or cookout. This one is hard to mess up and perfect for a big group! I hope you love it as much as I do.
Recipe tip: fruit can be interchanged here! I have also taken out the blackberries and apple for 2 cups fresh pineapple. You can also use a dairy free/coconut yogurt to make it work for you!
- 6 oz blackberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 2 cups grapes
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 apple (leave out if not eating all within 1-2 days)
- 5 mandarin oranges (I used the cuties)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or 1 cup flake coconut
- 1 container plain or vanilla yogurt (5oz) (optional to add in more yogurt depending on how much you prefer)
- optional: add a touch of honey or maple syrup for a little sweeter
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix together.
- Store in fridge.
until next time...