This sweet take on plantains, I can’t get over these! Have you ever had plantains? If not, you have to try these! They make for such a yummy snack and coated with this cinnamon sugar mix they even can go for a dessert. They were so good used as a dip in the pumpkin yogurt, but would be great alongside a meal or simply by themselves.
What you need to make Cinnamon Sugar Plantains:
- Plantains (I used the yellow ones with a few spots on them–the more spots the sweeter they will be)
- Maple syrup
- Coconut Sugar
- Coconut oil
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Plantains:
- Start by cutting them diagonally on the plantain (I used a lightly spotted yellow plantain).
- Place cut plantains in a bowl and add maple syrup, coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mix together to fully coat.
- In pan, add coconut oil to heat up. Place plantains on pan to saute. Sauté for a few minutes on each side until lightly brown.
- 1 large plantain
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- optional: yogurt for dipping
- Cut up plantains diagonally.
- Place coconut oil in the pan to melt.
- Add plantains to a bowl and mix thoroughly with cinnamon, coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- Place plantain on pan and allow to saute for a few minutes on both sides until browned.
until next time...