I can’t get over how easy this dish is AND all you need is one pan to make this! Not only is it super simple but it’s full of flavor. This is a perfect meal to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner and can easily be eaten the next day for leftovers.
What you need to make this one pan meal:
- Spicy Chicken Sausage
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Creole Seasoning (I made my own but you can also use store bought!)
- Green onion
- Risoni (or rice!)
- Yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Sea salt/pepper
- Veggie Broth
One pan meals are my favorite because they are not only simple but they are perfect to use as a weeknight dinner when you want something quick and don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen. This one only requires a few ingredients too! I used the Trader Joe’s Risoni but you could use rice here if you prefer that. I loved the switch up by using the risoni that I had in the pantry.
If you’re making your own Creole seasoning, here’s what you need (this makes enough to keep in a container!):
- 2 tsp basil
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
If you love this one pan meal, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Sweet Potato, Chicken Sausage and Brussels Sheet Pan Meal
- One Pot Pasta
- Broccoli & Cheese One Pot Pasta
- 9-12 shrimp (I used the frozen Argentinian from Trader Joes)
- 2 spicy chicken sausages
- 1 1/2 cup cooked risoni (or rice)
- 1/2 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp green onion, additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (option to make own above)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Start by adding miced garlic and onion to a pan to saute.
- Add shrimp and chicken sausage.
- In the meantime, cook the risoni or rice according to package.
- Once shrimp and chicken sausage have been sauteing, add cooked risoni, fire roasted tomatoes, veggie broth, seasonings and green onion. Mix thoroughly
- Top with red pepper flakes and more green onion.
until next time...