I can’t get over how easy this is AND all you need is one pan to make this! Not only is this One Pan Jambalaya super simple but it’s full of flavor. This is a perfect meal to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner and can easily be eaten the next day for leftovers.
One Pan Jambalaya
What you need to make this one pan meal:
- Spicy Chicken Sausage
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- Creole Seasoning (I made my own but you can also use store bought!)
- Green onion
- Risoni (or rice!)
- Yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Sea salt/pepper
- Veggie Broth
One pan meals are my favorite because they are not only simple but they are perfect to use as a weeknight dinner when you want something quick and don’t want to spend all evening in the kitchen. This one only requires a few ingredients too!
What I used:
I used the Trader Joe’s Risoni but you could use rice here if you prefer that. I loved the switch up by using the risoni that I had in the pantry.
If you’re making your own Creole seasoning, here’s what you need (this makes enough to keep in a container!):
- 2 tsp basil
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
If you love this one pan meal, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Sweet Potato, Chicken Sausage and Brussels Sheet Pan Meal
- One Pot Pasta
- Broccoli & Cheese One Pot Pasta
Save and Pin for later!
One Pan Jambalaya
A super easy and flavorful dish!
- 9-12 shrimp (I used the frozen Argentinian from Trader Joes)
- 2 spicy chicken sausages
- 1 1/2 cup cooked risoni (or rice)
- 1/2 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp green onion, additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (option to make own above)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt & pepper
- Start by adding miced garlic and onion to a pan to saute.
- Add shrimp and chicken sausage.
- In the meantime, cook the risoni or rice according to package.
- Once shrimp and chicken sausage have been sauteing, add cooked risoni, fire roasted tomatoes, veggie broth, seasonings and green onion. Mix thoroughly
- Top with red pepper flakes and more green onion.
until next time...
Leave a Reply