If I didn’t already love the regular version of the habanero cashew garlic pasta, throw it into bake and its even better!! I love a good baked Mac n cheese and this recipe is completely dairy free, gluten free (if you do a chickpea pasta) & vegan. I love the little bit of kick that it has from the habanero sauce but not too much (because I can’t handle a lot of spice). I can’t wait to make this throughout fall when all I want is a cozy bowl. If you want to save some time, cut out the baked version and just make it into a big pasta bowl. The recipe for that is here.
As football season has started, make this for your next tailgate! I can assure you that your party would love this!!! You can even spice it up by adding in bacon or broccoli! Or even adding more habanero spice on top. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 10oz pasta of choice (I used chickpea pasta)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used the Italian style bread crumbs from Whole Foods 365)
- 1.5 raw cashews (soaked for 4+ hrs)
- 1.5 cup coconut milk (full fat in can)
- 4 tbsp habanero sauce
- 2.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder + 2 tbsp water (mixed together)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Make the pasta according to package. Set aside.
- Make habanero cashew garlic sauce by combining cashews, coconut milk, habanero sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic cloves, salt & pepper. Mix in food processor.
- Add in arrowroot mixture once sauce is mixed.
- Combine pasta with the prepared sauce and mix together. Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs evenly on pasta.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top of pasta is baked.
- Top with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
until next time...