I was previously inspired to make this salad after getting something similar on a trip to San Diego. It was sooo good that I knew I needed to recreate it at home and share it with you! This mandarin orange chicken salad is not only loaded with flavor but the perfect thing to have for lunch during the week! It’s loaded with veggies and will surely keep you feeling satisfied after enjoying it.
Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad
This Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad needs to be on your lunch rotation! It’s loaded with veggies making it a nutritious meal that will keep you fuller longer and satisfied! I love finding salads like this to prep during for the week to make lunch time a little easier. Not only is this Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad a flavorful salad, but you can also switch it up however you like during the week too. Try tossing it into a wrap or on lettuce cups!
Why you’ll love this salad:
- These flavors! So good mixed up in this salad
- This makes for the perfect thing to prep and have in the fridge for the week! Hello easy lunch all week!!
- You can throw it in a wrap or put it in lettuce cups. There are many ways to switch it up!
- It would definitely impress your next party or gathering and you want to bring a side salad or appetizer 😉
- Not only is it so simple to make but it’s loaded with ingredients that are easy to pick up at the store
What you need for Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Green cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Mandarin oranges
- Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Coconut aminos
- Garlic powder, sea salt, pepper
Do I have to use rotisserie chicken?
No! If you’d rather use shredded crockpot chicken you can replace the rotisserie chicken for that. I like to use rotisserie chicken because it makes this recipe even simpler.
Can I substitute the coconut aminos?
Yes! If you don’t have coconut aminos on hand then you can substitute this for soy sauce. Either will work in this sauce!
What’s the best way to cut cabbage?
Cabbage can be a tricky one! Refer to this video for the best way to cut cabbage 🙂
Can I use pre-cut cabbage mix?
Yes! If you want to save some time and do less chopping (who doesn’t love to save time from doing that ;)) then you can use the pre-cut green and red cabbage to use in this recipe!
How to make Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad:
- Start by chopping all of the ingredients! Chop cabbage, red cabbage, celery.
- Pull off chicken from rotisserie chicken and set aside.
- Prepare dressing by combining dijon mustard, olive oil, coconut aminos, lemon and spices. Set aside.
- Mix everything together by combining all veggies, shredded rotisserie chicken and dressing in a large bowl. Mix to fully coat. Add chopped cilantro.
- To serve, add sesame sticks or sesame seeds and more cilantro on top. Enjoy!!
What I used to make this Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad:
If you love this chicken salad, you may also enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
Want more easy lunch ideas? Try these!
Check out these blog posts:
- 3 cups green cabbage
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, pepper
- optional: sesame sticks
- Shred rotisserie chicken.
- Cut up green cabbage, red cabbage, celery and cilantro.
- In large bowl combine: shredded chicken, green cabbage, red cabbage, celery, cilantro, carrots and mandarin oranges.
- Mix together dressing: dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon, coconut aminos, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Combine dressing with salad. Mix together to completely coat.
- Top with fresh cilantro and seasame sticks.
until next time...