I love a good bowl meal and these Peri Peri Shrimp Bowls are so good and easy! Try meal prepping some of these ingredients to make it come together even simpler at meal time. This meal can easily come together in less than 15 minutes.
I don’t know about you but I love a good easy weeknight dinner! One that is packed with flavor and can easily be prepped ahead of time is even better. These Peri Peri Shrimp Bowls are just that! These come together in less than 20 minutes and are made with a few simple ingredients. Many that can be prepared ahead of time like cooking the quinoa or preparing pickled onions. If you haven’t already made pickled onions, do it! They are the best addition to any bowl recipe and are delicious topped on toast or eggs.
What you need for Peri Peri Shrimp Bowls:
- Shrimp (I used frozen Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joe’s!)
- Peri Peri sauce
- Shredded carrots
- Pickled onions
- Green onion
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
How to make these shrimp bowls:
- Start by sautéing the shrimp in a heated pan. I like using the frozen Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joes.
- Top with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until pink and thoroughly cooked through.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. I like to cook mine in vegetable broth to give it more flavor.
- Pickled onions are best to prepare ahead of time but can be made quickly by combining all ingredients and leave sitting on the counter.
- Once shrimp has finished cooking, remove from the stove and place in a small bowl. Mix with Peri Peri sauce to combine.
- In a bowl, add arugula, cooked quinoa, cucumber, shredded carrots, pickled onions and peri peri shrimp. Top with fresh cilantro and basil.
How to make pickled onions:
Pickled onions add the best flavor to everything, but especially to this burger bowl! Start by chopping up the red onion in half and then into some thin “C” slices. Set aside to make the brine. Take 6oz of water and set to a boil on the stove. Put in 1 tbsp salt with 1 tbsp white sugar into the mason jar with red onion. Pour in the boiled water and then fill the rest of the jar with white vinegar. Place lid on mason jar and give it a spin to let onions soak it up. Store in the fridge for the week!
How to store your leftovers:
It’s best to store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. I like using these for easy storage!
If you want to switch up these bowls, try doing this:
Use rice instead of quinoa! Or another grain like farro or cauliflower rice would be delicious as well.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Summer Shrimp Bowls
- Shrimp Burrito Bowls
- Salmon Bowl with Spicy Cashew Sauce
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
Where do I get peri peri sauce?
I picked up Peri Peri sauce at Trader Joe’s to use for this meal! You can also get it here.
Can I meal prep these bowls?
Yes! You can meal prep the pickled onions and quinoa to have ready for these bowls. Then it’s easy to assemble at meal time.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 9 shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp peri peri sauce
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1/4 avocado
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Add olive oil to a pan to heat up on medium high heat.
- Add shrimp. Season with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook thoroughly on both sides until shrimp are pink.
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Prepare pickled onions by combining ingredients.
- In a bowl, add arugula, cooked quinoa, cucumber, shredded carrots, pickled onions, avocado and peri peri shrimp. Top with fresh cilantro and basil.
I used frozen Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joes
until next time...