If you’re looking for a new, easy weeknight dinner then you’ll love this Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread. This is made with just a few simple ingredients and a great way to use up some leftover grilled chicken from the night before!
Summer calls for easy dinners and this is one to add to your routine! If you like flatbread, you’ll love this combination of flavors. Plus, plan to make extra grilled chicken one night so you can easily throw this together for dinner during the week. Dinner like this are one of my favorites. It’s filling, flavorful and so simple to make too. If you haven’t checked out the many other flatbread recipes on One Balanced Life, you’ll love them!
What you need for Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread:
- Grilled Chicken
- Monterey jack with jalapeno peppers and mild cheese (or any cheese!)
- Red onion
- Minced Garlic
- Ranch dressing
How to make this flatbread:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Top minced garlic on naan. Place naan in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Cook bacon according to package. Chop up into small pieces.
- Remove naan from the oven and top with cheese, grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes and red onion.
- Place back in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes. Remove and place on baking sheet for an additional 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it so crust doesn’t burn!
- Top with avocado pieces and drizzle with ranch dressing.
How to store your leftover flatbread ingredients:
It’s best to store all your leftover ingredients in the fridge in a sealed container. I like to use these for easy storage! Using these reusable bags are also a great way to store avocado or any other leftover veggies in the fridge.
If you want to pair this flatbread, try these options:
- Try pairing this flatbread with a side salad to make it into a balanced meal.
- Fix this alongside other snacks or appetizers like the Air Fried BBQ Cauliflower.
- Serve this as your easy weeknight dinner with a delicious cocktail or mocktail.
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these on One Balanced Life:
- Pesto Flatbread Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Pineapple Naan Flatbread
- Easy Tortilla Pizzas
- Shrimp Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa
Can I meal prep this flatbread?
The flatbread is best to be enjoyed the day you make it or leftovers the next day (without the ranch and avocado!). If you wanted to save some time, you can prep the grilled chicken to have ready for the flatbreads and an easier assembly.
Can I use a different cheese?
Yes! If you want to use a shredded mexican cheese, cheddar or mozzarella you can do that too! I found this one at HEB and loved the little kick of jalapeno it had in it for this flavor combination.
What if I don’t have a grill?
If you can’t easily make grilled chicken, there are a few things you can do! I love my grill pan for cooking on the stovetop but still giving it the grill like taste. I use this one. There’s also the option to buy pre cooked grilled chicken at the store and cutting it up for this!
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread
Add this Chicken Bacon Avocado Flatbread to your menu for an easy weeknight summer dinner! Made with simple ingredients and a meal that everyone will love.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack with jalapeno peppers and mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup avocado, chunks
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- drizzle of ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread minced garlic on naan. Place in the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add toppings, leaving off the avocado and ranch dressing.
- Place back in the oven on the middle rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on baking sheet for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Top with avocado and a drizzle of ranch.
Be sure to keep an eye on the naan as the crusts could burn!
Season grilled chicken with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
until next time...
Leave a Reply