I can’t get over how good these are!! May be one of my favorite dishes I’ve ever made. It’s the perfect amount of sweet with a little tangy kick to it. The word that I put with these after making them was ‘shook’ haha they are just that good!!
I have a feeling I’ll be making this one quite often around here. This dish is completely gluten free and dairy free. There is some sugar, but it’s sweetened with raw honey! Maybe your next party, bring the buffalo cauliflower & this and all your friends will be loving you!! They are the perfect appetizer or side to have with your dinner.
Air Fryer Instructions: Follow all the same steps in coating the cauliflower and then place in the air fryer at 400 for 15 minutes. Shake them up half way through. Then coat with the sauce after heating it up on the stove!
Let me know if you make them! 🙂
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder + 2 & 1/2 tbsp water (mixed together)
- Garnish: green onion & more red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut up the head of cauliflower (Better if you have bigger pieces of cauliflower)
- Prepare dipping mixtures by mixing two eggs in one bowl & almond flour, garlic/onion powder/sea salt & pepper in another bowl.
- Dip cauliflower in egg mixture and then dip in flour mixture to completely coat. Place on pan. Do that for all of the cauliflower pieces
- Place in oven to bake for 20-24 minutes or until slightly browned. Broil for 2-3 minutes (keep an eye to make sure they don’t get too brown)
- When the cauliflower are getting close to finish cooking, prepare sauce mixture.
- On medium to low heat, add honey, sriracha, coconut aminos, garlic cloves, & sea salt/red pepper flakes. Stir together. In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot powder with water (make sure to do this in a separate bowl)
- Add the arrowroot powder mixture to the sauce and stir continuously. It will stick to bottom of the pan if you don’t continue to stir. Stir for a couple minutes until sauce thickens. (around 3-4 minutes)
- Place baked cauliflower in a big bowl and pour sweet & sour sauce over top the cauliflower and mix together. Depending on the size of your cauliflower you may have more sauce then needed, you can pour to coat as you prefer and save some for extra dipping or just pour it all on!
- Garnish with green onion and red pepper flakes & enjoy!!
until next time...