This southwestern style rice is FULL of flavor and so easy to make! All you need is like 10 minutes to throw this one together. Even better, it requires a lot of pantry ingredients which makes it even easier to throw together. I love this Southwestern Style Rice because it not only makes for a great dish on its own, but it is great to use in a variety of different ways. I’m all about using dishes in various ways throughout the week to keep it interesting. This one is definitely one of those!
A few ways you can use this Southwestern Style Rice:
- In stuffed peppers!
- In a taco bowl
- In a zucchini boat
- Stuffed in a sweet potato
- Alongside some grilled chicken
You all may know that I love meal prepping around here. Preparing a few items for the week can be a game changer when creating healthy meals for the week. I like this southwestern style rice as an example of that because it’s a great thing to make ahead of time and use however you like (a few ideas mentioned above!). That way, the hardest part is already done for you and all you need to do is stuff it into a pepper or sweet potato to make it into your meal.
What you need to make to this Southwestern Style Rice:
- Minute Rice Jasmine Cilantro Lime Rice & Minute Rice Southwest Pinto Beans Rice
- Canned corn
- Canned black beans
- Vegetable broth
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup Minute® Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup Minute® Southwest Pinto Beans and Rice
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Red pepper flakes
- Start by adding 1 container of Minute Cilantro & Lime Jasmine Rice and 1 container of Southwest Pinto Beans and Rice to a pan (what size?) on the stove to heat up (medium heat). *You can also heat the rice in the microwave for 90 seconds, then add to the pan.
- Add in vegetable broth and mix together.
- Continue to stir until rice is heated.
- Add in black beans, corn, and tomatoes; stir.
- Add in spices: garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, pinch of salt
- Continue to stir and serve in a bowl with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes on top.
until next time...