I can’t believe that August is almost here! It seems like summer just started, anyone else!? At least we still have a while to enjoy some of the summer fruits and veggies which is exactly what I did when making this flatbread. I’ve been picking up zucchini and squash every week at the store because they are in prime season! I have some friends that are even growing these in their gardens right now, so if you’re doing that, even better to make something like this! This flatbread is simple, tasty and fresh for this time of year. I think you’re going to love it!
Here’s what you need for the flatbread:
- Lavash Wrap/Flatbread (I used similar to these!)
- Mini tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese
How to make this Summertime Flatbread:
- This is so easy! Start by layering in all the ingredients, starting with the pesto. This would also be great using my Spinach Basil Hemp Seed Sauce if you want to make your own.
- Chop up the zucchini and squash fairly thin to top on the flatbread.
- Chop up tomatoes in half.
- Cut thin slices of fresh mozzarella to layer on the flatbread.
- Add all the ingredients on top! Option to add more veggies, chicken sausage or different cheese if you’d like.
If you love this flatbread, you may also enjoy these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- 1 lavash wrap/flatbread
- 1/2 chopped small zucchini, thin slices
- 1/2 chopped small yellow squash, thin slices
- 1/2 cup chopped mini tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 4-5 thin slices fresh mozzarella (option to use other cheese here!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet.
- Layer pesto, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until ends get a little crispy and cheese has melted.
- Cut into slices. Top with red pepper flakes.
until next time...