I love a good chopped salad, especially when it involves kale! If I haven’t already convinced you to love kale as much as I do, this Chopped Thai Salad with Kale may do just that. This salad is packed with Thai-inspired flavors and is so simple to make! Perfect for meal prep or to serve alongside your lunch or dinner.
No one needs a boring salad, and I can promise you this Chopped Thai Salad is far from boring! Not only is it chopped (so it’s automatically delicious and easy to eat), it’s full of flavor, and the creamy peanut dressing is the perfect touch. Just like my other favorite chopped salads, Mediterranean chopped salad and chopped shrimp cobb salad, you only need a few simple ingredients.
I suggest adding some protein on top or to serve alongside it for a balanced meal. Anything from shredded chicken, seared salmon or even tofu for a vegetarian option would be a great choice. This salad is also gluten and dairy free. If you don’t want to do peanut butter, you can substitute that for almond butter or sunflower seed butter too!
What you need:
- Vegetables: Cabbage, shredded kale, red bell pepper, green onion, shredded carrots, cilantro. For even easier meal prep, buy your cabbage, kale, and carrots pre-shredded!
- Peanut Butter: For a peanut-free dressing, use almond butter or even sunflower seed butter.
- Lime: Fresh lime adds a fresh zest to this salad that can’t be beat!
- Coconut Aminos: If you don’t have coconut aminos, you can substitute soy sauce or liquid aminos.
How to make chopped Thai salad:
- Start by chopping up all of the ingredients: cabbage, kale, bell pepper, carrots, green onion and cilantro.
- Prepare the peanut dressing by whisking together the lime, coconut aminos, peanut butter, garlic, salt, honey, ginger, and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the peanut dressing on the chopped vegetables. Gently toss together until everything is coated in the peanut dressing.
- Top with peanuts.
How to store and meal prep chopped salad:
I recommend keeping your thai salad in a sealed container in the fridge. Store the peanut dressing separate from the vegetables to avoid the salad getting soggy. Toss everything together just before eating, thinning out the peanut dressing some with a teaspoon of water if needed.
What to serve with this salad:
- Serve alongside any grilled protein: chicken, salmon, and shrimp are great choices!
- Have this with your lunch wrap or sandwich.
- Serve alongside a bowl of veggie tortellini soup.
If you enjoy this salad, you may also like these recipes on One Balanced Life:
When you finely chop all of the ingredients, you can get more of each ingredient in every bite! It makes the salad more flavorful and easier to eat. I recommend getting a good knife and taking a little bit of time to get it all done
There are many types of kale! I generally pick up a bag of Organic Kale at Trader Joe’s to use this recipe and chop it up before adding it to this salad.
Save and Pin for later!
Make sure to save and pin this recipe for later! Are you following me on Pinterest yet? You can also follow me on Instagram & Facebook, and make sure to leave a star rating and tag me if you make this recipe! xx
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- for the peanut sauce:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- dash of ginger
- 3 tbsp water (may need to add more for consistency)
- Chop up all ingredients: cabbage, kale, red bell pepper, peanuts, cilantro and green onion. Add to large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together peanut sauce ingredients. You may need to add additional water to mix it all up.
- Pour peanut sauce in large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Top with additonal green onion, cilantro and peanuts.
Add additional water to peanut sauce for conistency.
Can add more sea salt and garlic powder to taste.
until next time...