Summertime just means all the pasta salad right!? I really don’t think there’s anything better on a hot summer day is a bowl of pasta salad by the pool. It also makes a great addition to your cookout or summer party. This BLT pasta salad is FULL of flavor and so simple! You won’t even believe how easy this is and you can make this when you’re short on time!
What you need to make BLT Pasta Salad:
- Noodles: I used a gluten free pasta, but any pasta would work here! I also love using chickpea pasta here
- Bacon: best part of a BLT right!?
- Red Onion
- Romaine Lettuce
- Ranch dressing: you can easily make your own or there are a few store bought favorites that I love including the one I used here.
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder
A few of my favorite products for this:
- Banza Chickpea Pasta
- Trader Joe’s Brown Rice & Quinoa Pasta
- Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch Dressing
Recipe tip: I find that this pasta salad tastes best after sitting in the fridge for a few hours before serving! It allows for everything to soak up.
How to make BLT Pasta Salad:
It’s so simple I can’t even handle it!! Start by cooking bacon accordingly. Set aside.
Cook box of pasta according to package and set aside.
Chop up tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
Combine all ingredients! Add in large bowl, cooked pasta, bacon, avocado, red onion and tomatoes. Store in the fridge. ENJOY!
- 1 box of 8oz pasta (I used a gluten free pasta here!)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine (add in if you’ll be eating day of)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Chop all veggies and cook bacon.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Store in the fridge!
until next time...