After filling up my brown box at Whole Foods with all of their California quinoa salad, I realized that I should probably just make it. It seemed super easy and I loved all of the flavors they have going on in it. I sometimes get asked how I get inspiration, but a lot of it is already around you. I love recreating dishes that I have at some of my favorite restaurants. This was just as delish as getting it at the store and now I will be able to eat on it for the whole week, so no more buying at Whole Foods. At least not for this week 🙂 You can adjust this to your liking and it makes a bunch so it’s perfect for meal prep!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup edamame
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper
- 1/2 fresh lemon & lime
- 1-2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- sea salt & pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Chop red onion, pineapple, and bell pepper.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
until next time...