Think peppermint patty but in little cup form! This time of year means everything peppermint right!? One of my favorite things about this time of year is making a bunch of holiday candy with my mom and then packaging it up and giving it to friends and family. It’s a tradition around here that I always look forward to! While most of the candy is not healthy, I think this year I’m going to throw in some healthier goodies like these in the mix!
These are also the perfect bite size treat to have in the freezer this time of year to satisfy that sweet tooth! And you only need four ingredients which makes it even better! I got this silicone mold from Amazon and I use it all the time! It’s super easy to use, cleans up well & is fairly fool proof when making these 🙂 I would recommend taking them out of the freezer for a few minutes before eating them! They are best when softened. They can also be left in the fridge. I personally like keeping them in the freezer and then leaving them out for a few minutes before eating 🙂
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup coconut butter (prior to melting)
- 1/2-1 tsp. peppermint flavor
- Melt 1 cup chocolate with 1 tbsp melted coconut oil.
- Pour a little melted chocolate into the bottom of each cup mold & place in freezer
- Heat 1 cup coconut butter on the stove on low heat. Stir continuously. Once it is a melted consistency, add in the peppermint flavor and stir.
- Drop a little on top of the chocolate and stick in the freezer
- Melt 1 cup chocolate with 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Cover on top to fill the mold
- Store in fridge or freezer!
until next time...