April is here which means Easter is right around the corner. I can’t believe it!? Where did the last month go. Any ways, this was one of my favorite holidays growing up. I got SO into my Easter basket and we had to do multiple Easter egg hunts at my house. I would also get in fights with my brother over who got all the good stuff (haha)
I love a good Reese’s egg so I thought I would remake one of my favorites, a little cleaner version. I used the Sunbutter Organic and oat flour in this to make it a completely nut free recipe.
Hope you love them!
- 1 cup Organic Sunbutter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chocolate bar (crushed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt
- In a bowl, mix together Sunbutter, Oat flour, maple syrup & vanilla extract. Fold in crushed chocolate bar. Store in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll into an egg shape. And then place in the freezer for 3-4 hrs.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate with 1 tbsp coconut oil and melt (I just microwave for 30 second increments)
- Dip egg into chocolate to completely cover (best to use a spoon and fork here to completely cover)
- Sprinkle with sea salt!
- Store in freezer.
until next time...