This grilled chicken pesto pasta is the easiest pasta dish and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. All you need are a couple ingredients and can even make it simpler by using a couple pre-made options that I will recommend below. Right now, it’s the perfect time to add all the summer zucchini and squash into your meals because it’s in season! I pick up one every time I go to the store because it’s a cheap veggie that really works with everything.
Here’s what you need to make this Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta:
- Box of pasta: I used chickpea pasta (this one!) but any pasta would work here.
- Pesto: I love the Vegan Pesto from Trader Joe’s but you can also make your own or use your favorite store bought one. My spinach basil hemp seed sauce would be great with this!
- Yellow Squash
- Grilled chicken: Instead of worrying about grilling the chicken for this, I bought the pre-made grilled chicken breast strips at Trader Joe’s. It worked so well for this! You can also saute the chicken or grill it.
- Mini tomatoes: I love the variety for these!
Step by Step how to make Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta:
- Start by making the pasta according to the package. I love using this pasta. It’s a chickpea pasta, but so tasty!
- In a pan, saute the chopped zucchini and squash. If you’re grilling your chicken, you will want to do that as well.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain and set aside to cool off.
- Once veggies have finished sautéing, turn heat to low and add in chopped tomatoes and grilled chicken.
- Add in pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the pesto and continue to mix until everything is fully coated. Remove from the heat.
If you love this Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta, you may also love these recipes on One Balanced Life:
- Spinach Basil Hemp Seed Sauce Pasta
- One Pot Pasta
- Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1 box of pasta (I used Banza chickpea pasta)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1-2 cup grilled chicken breast, cut up
- sea salt to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Cook box of pasta according to package.
- Make grilled chicken or buy pre-made (I used the grilled chicken strips from Trader Joes!)
- In pan, saute zucchini and squash with a little salt & pepper.
- Once pasta has finished cooking, drain and combine with sauteed veggies. Turn heat all the way to low.
- Add tomatoes, chicken breast and pesto. Stir to combine
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Top with red pepper flakes
until next time...