I recently had a smashed potato appetizer but it was more a Mexican theme and it was sooo good! So I thought about bringing that back into my kitchen but putting a greek spin on it. If you know me, you know that I love mediterranean foods! I could eat all the greek salads, hummus, pita, you name it!! And now adding these to the list because YUM. I love these for an easy appetizer, side dish or just to munch on! I’m thinking smashed potatoes as the next nacho?? Maybe? Anyways, if you love greek food and potatoes as much as I do then you’ll love these!
In this recipe, I used the Trader Joe’s Avocado Tzatziki but you can totally use any other tzatziki that you like or make your own! I have my own recipe for tzatziki that you can find on my site as well.
Hope you love them as much as I do!
- 12 red potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- Trader Joes Avocado Tzatziki Sauce (optional on how much you’d like to use here!) you can also make your own tzatziki here too
- 1/4 cup red onion
- optional: feta cheese
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Sea Salt/Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large pot with water, place red potatoes on the stove and bring to medium/high heat.
- Continue to boil potatoes until they get tender (you can put a fork through it).
- Drain the potatoes and lay them out on baking sheet.
- Using a mason jar or any kind of cup/jar, gently push down on each potato in order to mash it.
- Spray with avocado oil spray and sea salt/pepper.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the edges. (may depend on the size of the potatoes)
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add all the toppings: Avocado Tzatziki sauce, olives, red onion, cucumber, feta and a drizzle of lemon juice.
until next time...