This is a favorite of mine to prep for the week and have on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. It’s super easy to throw together and perfect to keep in the fridge for a grab and go when you need it! Breakfast that is ready for you in the morning is my kind of breakfast!
Chia pudding is a great option for breakfast or a snack because it will keep you fuller longer and the chia seeds are a great source of fiber. The base of this banana almond chia pudding can be used as a parfait, on top of oatmeal bowls or topped with different ingredients.
The options are endless once you have the base of the chia pudding already prepared. Some other ways I like to switch it up is to add a creamy yogurt on the bottom to mix in, top the chia pudding on some oats if you have more time to prepare stovetop oatmeal and switch up the toppings with different fruits and nut butters.
Other options that I love for a quick breakfast:
- Overnight Oats
- Yogurt Bowls
I hope you love these as much as I do.
How to prepare chia seed pudding:
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Make sure chia seeds aren’t stuck to the bottom!
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour to thicken or overnight!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 mashed banana (the riper the banana the better!)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (option to add more here if you like it a little sweeter)
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
- topping options: banana, slivered almonds, peanut butter & hemp seeds
- make it a parfait and add 2-3 tbsp of creamy yogurt
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar or sealed bowl and place in fridge. (Leaving out yogurt if you make a parfait!) Stir together.
- Let the chia pudding thicken in the fridge for 1-2hrs or overnight.
- Top with desired toppings! I did more banana, slivered almonds, peanut butter & hemp seeds.
until next time...